Questions & Answers (F.A.Q)
Account Management > Questions & Answers (F.A.Q) > XXI. Virtual Server FAQ > How do I change a domain name of a cPanel/WHM based account in my VPS or server?
How do I change a domain name of a cPanel/WHM based account in my VPS or server?
Here are the steps to ease you, and make sure that the process is completed correctly:
- Login to the Root and Reseller Admin Panel (WHM) of your VPS or Dedicated server. The login information is in your "Welcome E-Mail".
- Select "Modify an Account" on the left menu under "Account Functions" within Web Host Manager (WHM)
- Select the domain you wish to edit and click the "Modify" button
- Replace the primary domain name from the textbox called "Domain" with the new domain
- Confirm changes by pressing on the save button
These are the simple steps to change the domain name on your cPanel VPS hosting account. If you have questions or facing any difficulties with the domain name change, please contact us. Host Color will be more than glad to help and give competent answers.